Staying safe using shared bikes: Advice on COVID-19
As more and more people attempt to avoid crowded trains, buses and tubes, we’re seeing our bikes being used more frequently. For those who are considered key workers by the government, bikes are an important part of the public transport system that lets them travel.
Due to the way our bikes move around operating zones, it’s not operationally possible for us to disinfect the bikes between each ride and also keep the service running for everyone who needs it, so we’re asking our riders to help us out with the following:
- Please wash your hands before and after riding a Beryl Bike and wear gloves. If you can’t wash your hands immediately before riding, you can use an alcohol-based sanitiser. Avoid touching your face when you haven't washed your hands.
- PIease consider other users and follow sensible precautions as advised by the NHS and the government.
- If you are self-isolating as you are unwell with coronavirus symptoms or because someone in your household is unwell, please do not use the Beryl Bikes. If you fall unwell with suspected symptoms of coronavirus while riding a Beryl Bike then you should stop riding them and access information about what to do next via online NHS 111.
We’re keeping a close eye on advice from public health bodies and our local authority partners, and will update our operations and information for users as and when required.
Internally we are also taking steps to reduce risk to both the Beryl team and the general public:
- Beryl Staff are instructed to stay home and isolate if experiencing any symptoms as outlined by the NHS, or if family members are showing symptoms.
- All Beryl Staff who are in a position to do so are working from home.
- Beryl Staff are no longer travelling between Beryl Bike cities.
- Beryl operational staff are instructed to wash hands regularly and use gloves when interacting with public bikes.
- Beryl Staff are instructed to keep all surfaces clean with antibacterial wipes and sanitisers and encouraged to expense all needs.
If you have further questions about Beryl Bikes, please contact your local support team directly in app or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any health concerns please follow NHS and Government advice.
All the best,